Ah...The Weekend at Last!

 


Welcome back everyone! Hope all is well to those reading this, in this post I will be shifting the mood a little bit. My first couple posts were mostly regarding staying safe and sane while in college, but in this post I'm going to talk about all the awesome things you can experience in your free time here in Southern California.

First and foremost, the beach. Our state is grateful to be home to some of the most beautiful beaches on the planet. If you and your friends have some time to kill I definitely recommend visiting Laguna Beach. Laguna beach is home to several amazing beaches where you and your friends can relax and have fun. If you go to the beach to rest and relax, I definitely recommend Tablerock or Victoria. These beaches aren't known to have big waves but are extremely scenic and very fun to explore. If you enjoy surfing, Brooks Street and Crescent Bay have great waves during swells. Laguna Beach is often very crowded, and if you want to go somewhere a little more relaxed Dana Point and San Clemente are neighboring cities with beautiful beaches that are slightly less crowded.

Most college students have a favorite way to celebrate a long week of hard work, and for many its having a fun night out on the town with some friends. If vibrant night life interests you, look no further than sunny San Diego. San Diego is huge, with several places to go out for a fun night. Pacific Beach is home to several fun bars with a crowd comprised mostly of college students. La Jolla has great dinner spots and beautiful views. Coronado has breweries and bars, truly any of the three will provide you with a great night out. I personally prefer Pacific Beach because most of the people that go are my age, and theres a lot of cool bars, although it can be pricey at times.

These are just a few suggestions for weekend activities, if I were to go over all of the fun things to do here I would be writing forever. That's the beauty of this state, there is almost nothing you can't do. I'd like to end off by saying take advantage of living here. As someone who has lived here my whole life I often take these things for granted, it is truly a blessing that I am able to do these things in my free time. What are you waiting for, get out there and have some fun!




Comments

  1. Hi Enzo! I love your post! I love how you talked about California's beautiful beaches, I have always felt so lucky to live so close to the water and get to enjoy hot summer days swimming around in the ocean. I have never been to Laguna Beach, but it sounds awesome. I didn't know it was made up of smaller beaches. I also liked that you talked about night-life. You did a great job recognizing that everyone has their own issues, but choosing two general things that suit most people's interests. I also completely agree with your concluding statement, California is full of fun things to do, and that is why it's so amazing! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Enzo!
    Yes. Beaches. Probably the best part about SoCal! My mom recently visited and we spent our time up in Encinitas which has some beautiful beaches, but the whole time it was absolutely packed with 100s of little kids doing summer day camps. Luckily, you can walk further down and way from everyone and find some beautiful spots to chillax and the surf there looks amazing. We also went to la jolla, and while it is crowded like most beaches, what I love about it is that there are lots of hidden spots you can find and get to if you try, which is one of my favorite things about la jolla. And it is absolutely beautiful! I have heard laguna beach is good too, so ill have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Enzo, I was nodding my head as I was reading your post for sure because your suggestions and the descriptions behind them are so spot on. The crazy thing is that there are definitely other alternatives for those same things you mentioned (killing time, relaxing, surfing, etc.) which coincides with how you would be writing forever if you talked about everything you could do around here. As someone who has also lived here for almost my entire life, I resonated with what you said about taking the beauty in this state, and the city as well, for granted, and sometimes it's worth it to just stop and take everything in to realize how beautiful our surroundings are. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Enzo,
    Being born and raised in San Diego, I feel like I sometimes take for granted the weather and different parts of the city. Beaches are definitely one of those things I have taken for granted. Being able to go to the beach almost when ever has made me not as excited compared to people who do not have a beach near by or have almost perfect weather year round. Now that summer has begun going to the beach with friends is something that I plan on doing. Also, not to mention the great food spots and other activities that can be done. I really enjoyed reading your blog and great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment